Have you noticed cracks above wall corners, door frames, or windows? Have your interior floors started to bulge or separate? Are the doors in your home hard to close? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you might be in need of pier and beam foundation repair.
Put your confidence in Align Foundation Repair for pier and beam foundation repair in Dallas-Fort Worth. Pier and beam foundations present unique repair challenges that require special expertise. We have the experience and knowledge necessary to handle these demanding, detailed jobs, and we back it up with a lifetime transferrable warranty on our work.
We use the highest-quality materials possible when repairing the older, vintage homes most commonly associated with pier and beam foundations.
For friendly, knowledgeable, and affordable foundation repair assistance, contact Align Foundation Repair today!
What Is a Pier and Beam Foundation?
A pier and beam foundation is made of treated wood that rests on blocks, called piers, to create a crawl space under the home.
These foundations offer many benefits for homes. Some pier and beam foundation advantages include:
- Stability - Clay-like soil in the Dallas-Fort Worth region has a tendency to expand and contract with changing moisture levels. Under these soil conditions, slab foundations tend to shift, sometimes dramatically. Pier and beam foundations, by contrast, are built on stilts, so you can expect less noticeable shifting in your foundation.
- Easy Access to Utilities - The pier and beam crawl space means easier access to utilities.
- Less Likely to Flood - Pier and beam foundations are usually elevated approximately 2 feet off the ground, which means that they are less vulnerable to flooding.
How to Repair a Pier and Beam Foundation
There are a few different methods for repairing a pier and beam foundation. The first is to install pressed concrete or steel piers.
In other cases, steel foundation shims are installed on top of the existing foundation piers and support blocks. Steel shims are more durable than wooden shims and can offer years of foundation preservation.
Pier and beam foundations can also be repaired by removing unstable or rotten wood from the foundation and replacing it with new joists and support beams.
While these repair techniques work in some cases, Align Foundation Repair uses an effective and efficient spread footing technique that is specifically designed to stabilize pier and beam structures.
Spread footings are often better than other repair methods because:
- They are deeper than alternative pier and beam pier replacements.
- They are reinforced with steel grids that meet or exceed all common engineering specifications.
- They are the best possible repair option for crawl space pier replacement.
Contact us for a free inspection to see if spread footing repair is the right solution for your pier and beam foundation.
Pier and Beam Foundation Repair Cost
Some foundation repair companies will cut costs to remain competitive, for instance, by using untreated or inferior wood or using shims made of wood or sheetrock instead of high-quality steel. These are all temporary fixes that end up penalizing you, the homeowner, down the road. Their cost-saving measures will eventually fail and lead to more cracking and sagging. We never cut corners.
Contact Align Foundation Repair for a free estimate for your pier and beam foundation repair. Our quote will include the cost for shimming, or leveling, plus the cost of any additional piers or beam replacement. Our no-fee, no-obligation inspection and quote are the first steps in helping you avoid any safety hazards or building code violations in the future.