Crawl space encapsulation is a proven way to protect your home from moisture-related issues, such as mold and mildew, by adding a sealed vapor barrier to all the surfaces of your crawlspace. Water vapor can seep into your home from the ground, even through concrete. By installing a heavy-duty StegoCrawl® wrap lining to keep the water vapor out , Align Foundation Repair can help you to avoid common and costly issues such as:
- Mold and/or organic growth in the crawl space
- High humidity in the crawlspace that leaks into the home
- Rotten lumber
- Warped or buckling floors
- Moldy or musty smells in the house
Crawl space encapsulation is a particularly underutilized safeguard here in Dallas-Fort Worth, where hot, humid summers are a way of life. Benefits of adding a vapor barrier to your crawl space include helping:
- Keep your home dry and free of mold and fungi
- Prevent water damage
- Improved air quality and more comfortable living conditions
- Greater energy efficiency and lower energy costs
We retrofit existing pier and beam house foundations with crawl space encapsulation, or install it for new construction pier and beam and new construction homes. Depending on the size of the project, the timeline to complete encapsulation is only 2-5 days. Disruption to your home is minimal, as we do not require work on the inside of your house, but instead all work will be don in the crawls space of your home.
At Align Foundation Repair, we provide comprehensive crawl space protection to keep your home environment healthy, safe, and clean. If you are experiencing moisture-related problems in your home, now is the time to act to avoid more costly issues down the line. Call us today for a free inspection and quote.
What Is Crawl Space Encapsulation and How Can It Protect Your Home?
Here at Align Foundation Repair, we specialize in providing crawl space encapsulation services to homes throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth region. Here are the products we may need to install during the project:
- A strong, low perm (0.01PERM) Vapor barrier: to protect the underside of your home from moisture and soil gases.
- A sump pump and/or underground drainage system: to remove standing moisture from the crawl space before it creates a breeding ground for mold, insects, and vermin.
- A dehumidifier, mechanical ventilation, or passive ventilation (existing or additional): to prevent excess moisture from building up over time.
Crawl Space Protection for Your Pier and Beam Home
At Align Foundation Repair, our comprehensive method for encapsulating a crawl space includes the following:
- Giving the crawl space itself a thorough cleaning: to remove clutter and debris.
- Inspecting the crawl space for potential problems, including wet insulation or damaged wood.
- Creating a continuous vapor barrier: we’ll install high-grade StegoCrawl® Water Vapor Barrier, which is engineered from special resins to provide superior moisture protection, puncture resistance, and longevity.
Crawl Space Encapsulation Dallas
When it comes to the health of your home, don’t take chances – choose crawl space encapsulation contractors who use only the highest-quality products to ensure lasting results, and who have a reputation for unsurpassed customer service. At Align Foundation Repair, we cover a wide range of DFW foundation repair service areas, and our dedication to superior workmanship is backed by the industry’s strongest warranties. Please contact us anytime to schedule your free estimate. We not only provide crawl space protection but a variety of other foundation repair services as well.