Over the years, sidewalks can sink, crack, or shift out of place. This can occur so slowly that the damage escapes notice, getting worse and worse until it becomes an ugly eyesore.
When this happens, you may find yourself dealing with serious risks to your home’s value and your family’s wellbeing, including:
- Foundation damage: Sunken sidewalks can channel rainwater towards your foundation, causing your basement or crawlspace to flood. Over time, this may cause the foundation itself to fail, a catastrophic safety hazard that can cost tens of thousands of dollars to repair.
- Serious personal injuries: A sunken or uneven sidewalk is a 24/7 trip hazard. Even if you rarely use the walkway yourself, you may find yourself legally liable for accidents that occur on your property.
- Mold and mildew in your home: Mold spores love a wet, cool, dark environment in which to fester. Anything that compromises your home’s foundation can promote the spread of mold and mildew throughout your residence.
- Trouble selling your home: A sunken or damaged sidewalk can make your home less appealing to potential buyers, forcing you to reduce your asking price or lose the sale altogether.
The solution: professional sidewalk raising
Does your sidewalk need fixing? Concrete sidewalk raising is an effective, affordable way to repair damaged or sunken sidewalks. Here’s how it works:
- Our technicians conduct an on-site inspection to learn the cause of the problem: In most cases, they find that erosion has washed away the soil under the sidewalk, causing it to sink.
- A technician injects an expandable compound into the gap: This is an eco-friendly material that fills the void left by the eroded soil, raising the sidewalk and making it level once more.
- We repair any remaining cosmetic problems: You’re left with a safe, attractive sidewalk that’s a beautiful complement to your home and an eye-catching feature to potential buyers.
Not a job for DIYers
We salute DIYers for their can-do spirit. But leveling a sidewalk is best left to professional concrete raising services with the proper equipment and training. Trying to save a few pennies on your concrete sidewalk repair cost can put you at risk for all sorts of expensive consequences, from broken concrete to broken bones.
Align Foundation Repair is a veteran-owned company that believes in old-fashioned values like honesty, integrity, and hard work. We’re proud members of the local business community.
Contact us today for your no-obligation quote. When you do, ask about our concrete sidewalk repair financing options.