How Much Does Crawl Space Encapsulation Cost?
The cost for encapsulating a crawl space typically ranges from around $1500 to more than $5000, depending on the amount of work needed. The best way to get an accurate estimate is to contact Align Foundation Repair for a free inspection and price quote.
Crawl space encapsulation transforms contaminated, unhealthy crawl spaces into clean, dry, sanitary environments fully protected against moisture, pests, and temperature extremes.
Factors That Affect the Cost of Crawl Space Encapsulation Services
Some of the factors that can affect the final cost of home crawl space encapsulation include:
- Whether or not the crawl space walls require insulation – Spray foam products are commonly used for this purpose.
- The size and thickness of the moisture barrier – it’s important for the fabric to cover the ground, walls, and pillars entirely. It should also stay in place once it’s installed rather than moving around over time.
- The amount of preparation needed – crawl spaces in poor condition may require extra work prior to installing the moisture barrier. This may include replacing insulation, correcting any wiring or plumbing problems, removing clutter or contaminated water, and getting rid of pests like mice and insects.
- The number of vents that require sealing – crawl space encapsulation services should always include closing off existing vents and leaks within the crawl space. Otherwise, moisture and other contaminants will enter the environment and undo the benefits you have gained.
- Any drainage systems that are required – these can include ground drains and/or a sump pump. They’re especially important in areas with a high water table.
- Replacement of damaged floor joists – over time, crawl space moisture can cause the joists to warp, buckle, or even rot. Replacing them with new materials is essential for your personal safety.
- Mold removal – the dark, dank conditions found in many crawl spaces can promote the growth of mold and mildew. Removing these toxins is important for ensuring better air quality throughout your home. Left uncorrected, this problem can trigger asthma, allergies, or even worse.
- Installing an access door – it’s important for the homeowner to enjoy easy access to the crawl space. The door should be sturdy, easy to open and close, and fit tightly into the surrounding space.
- Installing a dehumidifier – once encapsulated, keeping the crawl space dry and in good condition may require a commercial-grade dehumidifier.
Ready to Know More about Crawl Space Protection? Contact Us Today
At Align Foundation Repair, we serve a wide range of DFW crawl space encapsulation service locations. Our rates are fair, and we gladly provide references from past customers.
The sooner you act, the sooner you can start enjoying your transformed crawl space. Contact us today; when you do, be sure to ask about our foundation repair financing services. Our people will be glad to give you all the details.