3 Crawl Space Encapsulation Benefits You May Not Know About
Encapsulating your home’s crawl space can provide major benefits, including:
- Promoting better health for you and your loved ones.
- Protecting your home from standing water and related problems like mold and insects.
- Providing a clean, dry storage location for seasonal items.
Let’s take a before-and-after look at how encapsulation can transform your crawl space from icky to amazing.
What Happens to Crawl Spaces When They’re NOT Encapsulated
Most homes here in Texas have a crawl space rather than a basement. This makes a lot of sense, given our climate and building codes.
But crawl spaces are vulnerable to multiple threats when they’re left unencapsulated. Examples include:
- Moisture damage – caused by the torrential storms that hit the Dallas-Fort Worth area from time to time. Rain water collects in the space beneath your home, damaging the wiring and insulation.
- Rat and insect infestation – These vermin thrive in the dark, dank environment of an unencapsulated crawl space. From there they can spread into your home itself.
- Mold and mildew – which can impact your quality of life in many ways, from a persistent musty smell to triggering allergies and asthma.
- High repair bills – the damage caused by a non-encapsulated crawl space can grow worse over time, eventually putting a severe strain on your budget.
The good news is that Align Foundation Repair’s crawl space encapsulation service can stop these problems in their tracks. Let’s see how it works.
How Encapsulation Can Transform Your Crawl Space
Now let’s see what a properly encapsulated crawl space is like:
- It’s clean and dry – you’ll never have to worry about your crawl space turning into a swamp after it’s encapsulated. Our technicians use a waterproof membrane that keeps water outside where it belongs.
- It’s safe and sanitary – crawl space protection eliminates problems like standing water, damaged wiring, and missing or waterlogged insulation. It also forms a continuous barrier against insects and other unwelcome visitors.
- It’s attractive and practical – an encapsulated crawl space is a great place to store sports equipment, holiday decorations, and other seasonal items.
Want to Know More? Get in Touch with Us Today
Here at Align Foundation Repair, we cover a wide range of DFW crawl space encapsulation service areas. Our work is guaranteed and we’re happy to provide references. Contact us today to learn more about crawl space encapsulation and our other Dallas-Fort Worth foundation repair services. You’ll soon be on your way to a better, healthier home.