Why Uneven Floors Can Be a Sign of Foundation Problems in Richardson TX
A bad foundation is one of the most common causes of uneven floors. If you’ve noticed problems like buckling, sloping, or sinking with your home’s flooring, get in touch with our office today to schedule a free inspection. We’ll let you know if your home has structural problems and which of our affordable foundation repair services might be the right solution.
The Connection Between Foundation Problems and Uneven Floors
Your home’s foundation is like your body’s spine. It supports the entire structure. Just as back problems can lead to health issues, a failing foundation can cause your floors to bend, buckle, or break.
One way to check for uneven flooring is to use a carpenter’s level. You can also look under your crawlspace for warped or damaged floor joists. In some cases, the problem may be so severe that simply walking across the room gives it away.
Why Your Home May Need Foundation Repair Richardson
So what makes a good foundation go bad? Typical causes include:
- Improperly graded land – which causes rainwater to pool around your foundation instead of washing away into the streets. Damaged or clogged gutters can make this problem even worse.
- Faulty construction – sometimes the rush to complete a home on time leads to improperly poured footings or uneven piers and beams.
- Shifting earth – here in South Texas, our clay-like soil expands during rainy periods and contracts during dry spells. This can expose your foundation to extreme compressive forces.
- Severe weather events – a powerful storm can wash away the dirt that supports your foundation, shifting it out of place.
- Time and nature – even the best foundation will eventually give way to the constant pressure of the home’s enormous weight.
How Align Foundation Repair Can Help
Repairing or replacing damaged floor components may provide short-term relief. But the problem will almost certainly come back unless you opt for quality foundation repair. That’s where Align Foundation Repair comes into the picture. If you live within our wide-ranging Richardson Texas foundation repair service area, including throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth region, here’s what we can provide:
- A thorough evaluation and estimate at no cost to you – our skilled technicians will let you know right away if your flooring problems are caused by your foundation.
- Expert repairs backed by our ironclad guarantee – our highly trained technicians have decades of combined experience as foundation repair professionals. That’s why we back up their work with our exclusive warranties.
- The peace of mind that comes with using a well-established company – Align Foundation Repair has been a respected member of the South Texas business community for over 20 years. We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and are happy to provide references from past customers.
Reach out to us today and put your flooring and foundation problems in the past. Ask us about our special financing options!