How Long Should I Wait to Make Cosmetic Home Repairs After Foundation Repair?
You should put off any cosmetic work on your home until at least six weeks after the foundation is repaired. This will give the frame and other components time to settle back into their proper shape. Otherwise, the projects you undertake may actually do more harm than good.
Let’s look at how fixing your foundation can transform your home both inside and out.
What you can expect from foundation repair
When a residential foundation starts to disintegrate, the consequences can often be seen throughout the home. In fact, you may have already noticed problems like these:
- Cracks in your drywall
- Doors or windows that no longer fit their frames
- Floors that squeak or pop
- Rooms that are out of level or out of square
- Unusual odors coming from walls, vents, or the crawlspace
Once a foundation is properly repaired, many of these problems begin to fix themselves. For example, you may notice the cracks in the drywall getting smaller, or the doors or windows working properly again. Even the floors might stop squeaking and start to level out.
Getting better takes time
But don’t expect these benefits to occur overnight. Like a patient recuperating from surgery, a home with a repaired foundation needs a reasonable amount of recovery time. Rushing to do cosmetic work may cause problems like these:
- Cracks that appear to get worse, not better – especially if you try to cover the gaps in your drywall before they’ve had a chance to close up on their own.
- Doors and windows that require complete replacement – if you attempt to sand them down, replace their hinges, or change their shape during the first few weeks after foundation repair Richardson.
- Needless expenses that take a bite out of your budget – such as spatula, wallpaper, and other products you may no longer need after you’ve taken advantage of our foundation repair services.
Foundation repair Richardson TX homeowners know will be done right the first time
Do you live in or near the Dallas-Fort Worth region? If so, then your home is probably within our Richardson foundation repair service area. Contact us today to learn more about our affordable rates and guaranteed results. With our help, you can soon put your foundation problems in the past.