What Is Crawl Space Encapsulation?
Crawl space encapsulation is the process of cleaning and sealing a crawl space to eliminate unwanted moisture and the problems it can cause, including mold, bacteria, insects, and excessive utility bills. Encapsulating your crawl space can help you to save money, protect your house from serious damage, and promote better health for you and your loved ones.
Five Steps in the Crawl Space Encapsulation Process
The stages of our crawl space encapsulation services may vary from one home to the next. However, most projects include the following five steps:
- A general inspection – to gauge the condition of the crawl space and the improvements it needs.
- A thorough cleaning, sanitizing, and drying out of the crawl space – to remove standing water, clutter, and anything that might pose a health or safety risk.
- Performing any necessary repairs – encapsulating your crawl space can reveal problems such as unsafe wiring, leaking pipes, and torn or water-damaged insulation. These issues will only grow worse if left undetected.
- Installing a waterproof membrane – the point of this step is to keep your crawl space clean and dry over the long term. It’s very important that the contractor secure the membrane to the pillars and other components of your crawl space, not simply lay the material on the ground. Once this stage is complete, the space will enjoy wall-to-wall, top-to-bottom protection from mold, moisture, and insects.
- Adding protective measures to keep the crawl space clean and sanitary – like a commercial-grade dehumidifier and a hinged utility door for easy access to the space.
Long Term Benefits of Crawl Space Encapsulation Dallas
Crawl space encapsulation is an investment that pays long-term dividends like these:
- A fresher and healthier atmosphere inside your home – your HVAC system draws air from under your house to circulate throughout the interior. The better the air quality, the more pleasant your home will be.
- Less risk of moisture damage to your belongings – another benefit of having clean, dry air.
- Fewer worries about ants, termites, roaches, and other pests – crawl space encapsulation removes the dark, dank conditions that draw these harmful creatures to your home.
- Higher resale values – since your home’s floor joists, climate control system, and other critical components will enjoy added protection.
We’d love to tell you more about the benefits of crawl space encapsulation in Dallas and our other DFW foundation repair services. Contact us today for your free consultation and estimate. You’ll soon have all the facts you need to make an informed decision.