How a Freeze Can Affect Your Texas Home Foundation
A Texas winter freeze can negatively impact your home’s foundation. That’s because cold weather can cause the earth around your house to expand or contract, creating stress fractures that lead to problems like these:
- Doors or windows that no longer fit in their frames.
- Fractures in the foundation itself.
- Cracks along interior walls.
- Floors that are no longer level and rooms that are no longer square.
If you believe that your home has been damaged by winter temperatures, then we urge you to contact us today to schedule a free inspection of your foundation. Our experts will provide a no-cost price quote and give you all the facts you need to make an informed decision about whether our foundation repair services are the right solution.
How Winter Weather Can Wreak Havoc With Your Home’s Foundation
Here in Texas, most of the state has dense, clay-like soil that responds quickly to changing moisture conditions. Like a sponge, it expands when wet and contracts when dry.
This push-pull effect creates constant stress on your foundation. The problem can become acute when the ground freezes, as happened during the great blizzard of 2021.
To see what we mean, think of what happens to a can of soda when it freezes. It expands outward and may even split in two, spraying its contents all over your refrigerator.
The effects of these forces can take weeks or even months to become obvious. When they do, you may find yourself facing an expensive repair bill, not only for your foundation but for problems throughout your home.
Not every foundation is affected in this way, of course. But why take chances? After all, for most people, their home is their biggest investment. Protect your home’s value and structural stability by reaching out to us as soon as you suspect a problem.
Foundation Repair Services That You Can Trust
Here at Align Foundation Repair, we’ve spent more than 20 years providing Dallas-Fort Worth foundation repair to our fellow Texans. Here’s what you can expect when you get in touch with us:
- A prompt response from one of our customer service specialists – we’ll listen to your concerns and schedule a free visit from one of our technicians.
- A thorough inspection of your foundation – we’ll assess the problem and give you the results right away.
- A no-cost, no-obligation estimate – we’ll give you an honest and transparent price quote and fill you in about our special financing options.
Align Foundation Repair is a respected member of the local business community. Our rates are fair and we’re happy to provide references from past customers. Get in touch with our North Texas foundation repair experts today to schedule your complimentary inspection.