Does Crawl Space Encapsulation Add Value to Your Home?
Encapsulating your crawl space is a fantastic way to add value to your home. Here’s why:
- Home crawl space encapsulation helps to prevent mold, rats, and insects from gaining a foothold in your house.
- Crawl space encapsulation makes your HVAC system more efficient, potentially saving you hundreds of dollars per year.
- Crawl space encapsulation promotes good air quality throughout your home, slashing your risk of allergies and respiratory infections.
Let’s look at how crawl space encapsulation provides these benefits.
Problems with Unprotected Crawl Spaces
As the name implies, a pier and beam foundation is supported by vertical piers buried in concrete and attached to the beams that underlie the floor itself.
When properly designed and maintained, a pier and beam foundation can provide decades of trouble-free service. But sometimes hasty construction, severe weather, or the effects of time can allow rain or other contaminants to enter the crawl space, causing problems like these:
- Pools of stagnant water – these can become breeding grounds for insects and germs.
- Rat infestation – in some cases, rats can take up residence in a crawl space, depositing their feces, and chewing on electric wires.
- Mold and fungi growth – over time, mold spores from a contaminated crawl space can find their way into your home’s ductwork and even into the air you breathe.
- Lost or damaged belongings – a crawl space is a great place to store seasonal or recreational items, unless it becomes wet and contaminated. When that happens, say goodbye to your valued possessions.
Crawl Space Encapsulation Services to the Rescue
The good news is that most crawl spaces can be cleaned up, repaired, and turned into safe, useful areas. The term for this process is crawl space encapsulation. Here’s how it works:
- The first step is to thoroughly inspect the crawl space and correct problems like rodents, insects, damaged insulation, rotten wood, damaged wiring, etc.
- Once the first step is complete, we may install French drains, a sump pump, or other drainage solutions to prevent water from building up in the future. We will repair or replace the access door and wall vents as needed.
- The third step is to line the ground, walls, piers, and penetration points such as pipes with a heavy-duty commercial liner. Here at Align Foundation Repair, we use Stegocrawl® products for their durability and reliability.
- The final step is to install a commercial-grade dehumidifier to maintain proper moisture levels going forward. You, of course, will have the opportunity to inspect our work and ask any questions you may have.
Align Foundation Repair: Your Contractor of Choice for Crawl Space Protection
Align Foundation Repair covers a wide range of crawl encapsulation service areas across North Texas. Our technicians are thorough and efficient, finishing the job in minimum time so you can get back to your daily routine. Plus, our work is guaranteed.
Get in touch with us today to learn more about crawl space encapsulation and our other home foundation repair services. You’ll soon be on the road to a safer, healthier, and more valuable home.