How to Level a Concrete Pool Deck
Your swimming pool is more than a place to take a refreshing dip in the water. It’s also the perfect centerpiece for all sorts of outdoor gatherings, from casual family get-togethers to gala events with food, music, and lots of friends.
But time has a way of disturbing even the best-laid concrete deck. When that happens, the results can include disfiguring cracks, serious safety issues, and damage to the pool itself. If left unaddressed, the problem can even take a chunk out of your home’s resale value.
Fortunately, there is a time-tested solution to this dilemma. Concrete pool deck leveling can erase cosmetic blemishes, correct unsafe dips and slopes, and restore your pool’s deck to its original beauty.
How concrete pool deck lifting works
One of the most effective and affordable way to repair an uneven pool deck is by pressure-injecting an expandable compound underneath the deck’s surface. This method is known as “slab jacking.” Here’s how it works:
- The contractor drills holes at selected spots in your pool deck: This relieves pressure on the deck’s structure while providing entry points for the compound.
- The contractor feeds either liquid polyurethane or a cement slurry into the holes: As the material expands, it raises the depressed sections of the pool deck back to their original level.
- The contractor fills the drill holes: This leaves the homeowner with a beautifully restored pool deck that looks as good as new.
Definitely not a DIY job
On its surface, concrete pool deck lifting may sound fairly simple. But in reality, it’s a task best left to the pros. Here’s why:
- Raising a concrete pool deck requires special tools: Such as industrial-grade drills, proprietary polyurethane or cement-based fillers, and vehicles capable of transporting the necessary materials to the site.
- Raising a concrete pool deck is potentially dangerous: Due to the enormous weight of the deck and the powerful tools needed to correct the problem.
- The consequences of getting the job wrong are too great to risk: Imagine how much it would cost to rip out your existing pool deck and replace it from scratch. That’s what could happen if homeowners try this project on their own. Why take that chance?
Call us today at Align Foundation Repair to learn more. We’ll schedule a time for one of our concrete raising professionals to drop by and give you a friendly, no-obligation estimate.