Concrete spalling is often caused by a failing foundation. To know for sure, you’ll need an inspection performed by one of our trained technicians at Align Foundation Repair. Contact our office today to schedule your free inspection and estimate.
What Does Concrete Spalling Mean?
“Concrete spalling” refers to loose, flaking, or crumbling concrete on your slab foundation and/or perimeter walls. It’s one of the early signs of foundation problems.
Spalling is fairly easy to spot. Pick a day with nice weather to give your foundation a close check. As you do, keep an eye out for the following warning signs:
- Cracked masonry (in the case of a brick foundation).
- Flakes or specks of concrete in the soil surrounding your home.
- Pieces of concrete that brush away easily when you touch them.
- A grayish coating that seems to be spreading across your foundation.
- Exposed rebar (rebar is the metal reinforcing rods inside a concrete foundation; normally, it should not be visible to the naked eye).
Get in touch with us right away if you notice any of these signs of unstable or crumbling foundation elements. We’ll complete a thorough, cost-free inspection to determine the root cause of the problem. If your foundation is in trouble, then the inspection will include a price estimate for your review.
Other Signs of Foundation Issues
Spalling is just one of the early warning signs of a failing foundation. Others include:
- Windows or doors that are hard to open or close – this problem may be accompanied by cracks in the surrounding frames.
- Slanting or uneven floors – caused by the foundation beginning to break apart and sink into the earth.
- Interior corners that are no longer square – to detect this problem, just take a carpenter’s square and see if the walls in your rooms align at a 90-degree angle. If they don’t, then your foundation might be in trouble.
Richardson Foundation Repair Experts You Can Trust
Here at Align Foundation Repair, our technicians receive thorough and ongoing training to detect and diagnose all sorts of foundation problems. We’re highly respected members of the local business community with more than 20 years of experience under our belts.
We’re happy to provide references from others who have used our foundation repair services. Our Richardson foundation repair service area covers a substantial portion of the Lone Star State, including Dallas-Fort Worth.
Give us a call or send a message using our online contact form today. You’ll soon have the facts you need to decide which next step is right for your home.