Can You Repair Your Foundation During the Wet Spring Season?
Yes, it is possible to perform many types of foundation repair during the wet spring season. While in some cases heavy downpours or serious storms might cause slight delays in foundation repair work as the contractors wait out the bad weather, for the most part, the experienced pros at Align Foundation Repair can use a variety of techniques – such as temporary enclosures and plastic sheeting to keep the site dry, as well as the use of special waterproof materials – to keep things on schedule and make sure your repairs are done in an effective and timely manner, no matter what Mother Nature throws at us.
In fact, having your foundation inspected in the spring can save you from costly repairs down the road. Identifying and fixing problems now can protect your home from further water damage caused by rain and unstable wet soil. This is especially true if the problems are located in your crawlspace or along your foundation’s interior walls.
Here at Align Foundation Repair, we have more than 20 years of experience with Richardson foundation repair. We use the latest tools and techniques to diagnose the problem and apply the correct solution.
Our rates are fair, our work is guaranteed, and we work in all types of weather. Get in touch with us today to schedule a free inspection from one of our experts.
The Link Between Wet Weather and Foundation Problems
Your foundation is under year-round assault from all types of weather, like sweltering summer days and frigid winter nights. But heavy rains pose a special threat to its structural integrity. Here’s why:
- Soil expands as it becomes saturated, applying enormous compressive force against your foundation – this is similar in principle to what will happen if you squeeze an egg between your fingers. It will crack and crumble.
- Rainwater may find its way into your crawlspace, where it can weaken the cement that holds your foundation together – it can also lead to other issues, as we’ll discuss in a bit.
- Rainwater can even wash away the soil upon which your foundation rests – this can create a wide range of problems, from unlevel floors to dangerous sinkholes.
Not All Foundation Problems Are Obvious From the Outside
It’s important to check the outside of your foundation for cracks and other problems. Sometimes it’s also necessary to crawl under the home and inspect the interior as well.
However, a contaminated crawlspace can be a dangerous, germ-filled environment. That’s why it’s best to let an expert in foundation repair tackle this job. Our technicians use the proper equipment and safeguards to protect their health and well-being – and yours.
Here’s what they may find during their inspection:
- Interior cracks and stress lines that are invisible from the outside – spring is a great time to check for these problems, before the long summer months cause them to expand and get worse.
- Mold and mildew – which can trigger asthma and allergy symptoms.
- Rats, insects, and other vermin – these pests can destroy insulation, chew away at electrical wires, and plant their feces in your HVAC system. Eventually they may find their way into the home itself, posing a direct threat to you and your loved ones.
The only way to correct these problems is with professional foundation repair services. Putting off this essential service will only cause more problems down the road.
Foundation Repair Contractors Richardson TX
For foundation repair Richardson TX locals can count on, choose Align Foundation Repair. We have been a respected part of the local business community for more than two decades. We’re members of the Better Business Bureau and hold an A+ rating with the agency. Plus, we’re always happy to provide references from past clients.
If you live within our broad Richardson foundation repair service area,
contact us today to schedule your free inspection and estimate. You’ll soon have all the facts you need about the state of your foundation to decide on next steps.