3 Tips to Prevent Foundation Damage During Wet, Rainy Months
The spring season is typically known for rainy weather, which can pose a threat to the stability of your home’s foundation. Moisture from wet weather can infiltrate through cracks and crevices in the concrete, damaging the foundation and creating conditions for instability over time. Thankfully, there are a number of time-tested preventative measures to keep your home’s foundation protected against water damage, including drainage systems and gutter cleaning.
If you have noticed signs of foundation damage to your home, we invite you to contact Align Foundation Repair today for a free professional inspection. Our foundation repair services experts will comprehensively evaluate your foundation and give you a complete picture of the current state of your home’s underlying structure – all at no-cost to you. We offer free estimates in our Dallas-Fort Worth and Richardson foundation repair service area.
Here are three helpful tips to keep your home’s foundation safe from harm during the rainy season.
3 Ways to Prevent Heavy Rain Damage to Your Foundation
Installing a Good Drainage System
Installing a good drainage system is a key step toward protecting your foundation from rain damage.
- Ensure that the soil around your home is graded away from the house’s foundation. This will help prevent moisture from collecting under the house.
- Install a French drain system around the perimeter of your house. This will relieve runoff and allow water levels in your yard not to exceed capacity during heavy rains.
Call us today for foundation repair Richardson TX homeowners know will get done right the first time. Get your complimentary foundation inspection in the Richardson area. We offer top-tier repair or replacement work with a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee.
Ensure the Gutters are Working Properly
Clean gutters are vital in making sure your foundation drains properly.
- Clear the gutters of leaves and debris regularly.
- Make sure to flush the downspouts.
- Clear your gutters before winter to prevent ice dams.
Avoid Ponding Water
- Manage puddles by redirecting water through a grate drain.
- Buy extra-long downpipes if needed to release water at a greater distance from your home’s foundation.
Premium Richardson Foundation Repair Services
Searching for the best foundation repair contractors Richardson TX has to offer? Align Foundation Repair fits the bill, with a long track record of reliable work and total customer satisfaction, backed up by industry-leading guarantees. Get in touch today to ask about our affordable premium services and to schedule your free Richardson foundation inspection and repair estimate!