How Does Drainage Affect Your Home Foundation in Richardson, TX?
Good drainage allows rainwater to flow away from your home, preventing erosion and other problems. Poor drainage keeps it trapped against your foundation, where it can cause serious and expensive damage.
If you’re worried that the soil around your home isn’t draining properly, we invite you to get in touch with Align Foundation Repair. Quick action can stop the situation from getting worse. We will provide a prompt, professional, and FREE inspection, identify any problems and offer cost-efficient solutions along with a price quote. Reach out about our affordable foundation repair services today!
How Poor Drainage Can Make Richardson Foundation Repair Necessary
Moisture is one of your home’s worst enemies. That’s why homebuilders work hard to ensure proper drainage around every house they complete.
This includes adding a mild slant, or grade, to the surrounding land. It causes rain to wash away from your foundation and into a sewer, pond, or other collection point. The construction company may also install French drains or other preventative measures.
But a number of factors can cause poor drainage and lead to foundation damage. Examples include:
- Erosion due to flowing rainwater.
- Changes to your landscaping – placing trees, plants, and shrubs around your home can enhance its beauty. But it can alter the slope around your house as well.
- Expansion and contraction – wet soil becomes water-logged and is unable to absorb more rain. Dry soil can leave a gap between your foundation and the surrounding land, weakening your home’s supports.
Can You Prevent the Need for Foundation Repair in Richardson?
Fortunately, there are steps you can take to protect your foundation right now, such as these:
- Make sure your gutters and drains are in good shape – keep them free of leaves and other foreign matter and check them for clogs and damage several times a year.
- Consult with a professional landscaper before planting – he or she may recommend placing trees or shrubs a minimum distance from your foundation to prevent potential problems.
- Keep an eye on your foundation during rain storms – to see if water flows away from it or pools around the perimeter.
What to Do When You Need Foundation Repair in Richardson Texas
Sometimes foundation damage is too advanced for preventative measures alone. When that happens, it’s time to call us. Here’s how we can help:
- By performing a free, comprehensive inspection of your foundation – we’ll let you know right away if it’s in trouble and, if so, what we can do to correct the problem.
- By giving your home the support it needs – this is usually done by inserting concrete and steel pilings deep in the bedrock beneath your home and connecting them to your foundation. Not only will this arrest the problem, often it can actually reverse it.
- By addressing the root cause – we can refer you to skilled landscapers who will restore the proper grade to your yard. We may also suggest other solutions, such as French drains.
Our crews cover a wide Richardson foundation repair service area, including Dallas-Fort Worth. Our company is a highly respected member of the local business community and we’re happy to provide references from past clients. Contact our office today to put your drainage problems in the past.