Five Things You Should Know About Foundation Repair
For homeowners in need of foundation repair advice from trusted experts in the field, Align Foundation Repair has prepared answers to five of the most common questions about this important topic. We hope this information helps you to make an informed decision about your own foundation repair needs.
How can I know when my home needs foundation repair?
Here are five warning signs to look for:
- Cracks or gaps in the foundation itself.
- Interior doors scraping the floor or being hard to close.
- A leaning chimney.
- Windows sticking or cracking.
- Floors that are no longer level.
Contact a local foundation repair company right away if you notice any of these problems. The sooner you act, the sooner your home will be back to its old self.
What does the foundation repair process involve?
The first step is to verify that a problem actually exists. This calls for a thorough inspection performed by a structural engineer or reputable contractor.
Assuming the foundation is in trouble, most repair techniques use either concrete piers or steel pilings to achieve a long term solution.
This process typically takes no more than a day or two. When it’s all over, you can go about your life as normal, knowing that the problem has been corrected.
How much does foundation repair cost?
Only after evaluating the state of your foundation can a qualified expert at Align Foundation Repair give you an estimate for repair costs. But here are three things to keep in mind:
- Our foundation repair services will cost much less than leaving the problem unaddressed: Over time, the damage to your home will grow steadily worse, eventually requiring extensive – and expensive – work throughout your residence.
- Financing is available: Through a variety of sources, including home equity loans and credit cards.
- Our quotes are always free: There’s absolutely no cost or obligation to find out what’s wrong with your foundation. At the very least, you’ll know exactly what’s going on and what needs to be done.
Should I make any special preparations prior to the repair work?
Before foundation repair work on the home begins, we recommend that our clients take a few simple, basic steps:
- Remove books and other items from your shelves: You can replace these items as soon as the repair work is over.
- Take down any pictures or artwork from your walls: Otherwise, they may fall to the floor and suffer damage.
- Cover your furnishings with blankets or tarps: As a precautionary measure, since sometimes the foundation repair process may stir up a small amount of dust inside the home.
Repairing a bad foundation occasionally requires work inside the residence itself. In such cases we may ask you to temporarily move items such as throw rugs or other objects. This will allow our technicians to complete their tasks without damaging your belongings.
How do I find a foundation repair company I can trust?
How do you find the right foundation repair company serving the Plano area or other communities in the Dallas-Fort Worth region? Here are some key things to look for:
- A strong track record: For example, our company has been providing quality foundation repair services for over 10 years, a fact that speaks for itself.
- An ironclad commitment to customer satisfaction: We happily provide references from past and current clients. Their feedback will tell you right away if we’re worthy of your business.
- A contractor that services your community: We have a wide range of DFW foundation repair service areas across North Texas.
Don’t let foundation problems rob you of your comfort and peace of mind. Call Align Foundation Repair today to schedule your free quote.